Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Worlds Greatest Dad

First, let me apologize for not keeping up with blogging lately... I must admit I am a bit in over my head with rearranging my house and prepping school for the fall... I should be caught up soon so hopefully I can catch up.

We had a wonderful Fathers Day celebrating Kyle - The World's Greatest Dad (Avery has asked him at least monthly for the last year to wear that shirt and he finally put it on for Father's Day )! Every year I seem to be more amazed at the wonderful father he is and want to do more and more and yet I also seem to be more aware that we are on a budget and have a harder time thinking of creative ways to spoil him and show our appreciation for all he does. Here is a photo re-cap of our day.


5:30 - I wake up to begin getting ready to be sure I can do everything without Kyle's help and have all of us out the door for church at 8:30. Below is all the kids who joined us in bed that night (oops - I'm sure he would have preferred to not have Adison cramping his space).
7:45 - Gift #1 We wake dad up singing "Happy Father's Day to You", give him a gift bag full of wrapped cards and serve him Breakast in bed.

8:40 - We leave for church.... no pictures of that miracle!

11:30 - Gift #2 We give dad a Northern CA plant guide and animal guide - then Avery announces that they get to go use them on the hike mom ruined on Mother's Day. We also let him know that mom and the 2 babies will be staying home to insure they ENJOY it this time around.





5:30 - Gift #3 Mom gives him a new pillow and tells him to relax while she finishes dinner... the goal was for him to get a nap at this point but they got home too late. ( I do have pictures of this part but this is a bit long so we will skip those).


7:00 - Gift #4 Everyone had to be showered and ready for bed before the final gift -Star Wars DVD's. Then after a mini talent show we spread out on the sofa to watch Star Wars Episode I.





It was a great day for a GREAT DAD!

5 comments:

The Horners said...

Fun pictures! Kyle is a great dad. Happy Father's Day KyKy!

The Holyoaks said...

Happy Father's Day, Kylie Monique! And I can't believe you guys let your kids crawl in bed with you! Aahhh! That would drive me nuts! I do wish, every now and then, that I could go get one of the girls and bring them into my bed but then I remember that they are like fish out of water all night. It sure makes a cute pic!

The Mid-Cart Parentals said...

Great pix on the hike! (I assume you sent the camera with them & that you didn't go & take the photos yourself?) I like my sleep too much for kids to crawl in bed with me...in my other life, 5 little carter critters crawled in bed with me & I got up & left them in my bed while I went to sleep on the sofa by myself!

The Millers said...

Cute pictures!!! Kyle is a great dad and he certainly deserved such a special day. Way to go Amy!

Lilly Pad said...

Hey Amy, Long time huh? I found your blog through Tammy's facebook page. I can't believe how your family has grown. Even more shocked to see Adia who is 10 now and also you have 5 kids. Your family is gorgeous! Are you still homeschooling? I have two girls of my own now. You should check out our blog: www.thelillyfamily.blogspot.com
Let's stay in touch!