Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Let it Snow (followed by sunshine)

Our family spent a couple days in Tahoe last week thanks to some GOOD FRIENDS sharing a time share with us! We almost didn't take the trip being that we are super busy (so weird for us I know) but when daddy hears about snow followed by sunshine he cannot resist! So off we went to Squaw valley for 2 days. We had a great time!

Getting ready for the day... livin it up!








Adia at the top of the summit... pretty girl - pretty view


I was really worried about the timing due to the fact that I am teaching a science class in my home on Thursdays now and the first class was going to be the day after we returned but thankfully the lodge had a nice kid area and I got my whole 3 hour class planned out while the kids had a good time playing around.


then I got a bit more work done while they took naps.. Kaden is around the corner in a stroller.

The second day there I wasn't up for hanging out in the lodge while my hubby played so we let the kids swim. They had so much fun and daddy taught them how to join the "Polar Bear Club Jr." while Kaden kept busy exploring (and I kept busy not letting him get in the pool). Sometimes it is so hard to keep up the whole tough guy reputation!Adison didn't surprise us by having no interest in joining the club. But she did think it was really cool that she was "moking". The day after we returned I had a wonderful time teaching about animal classification and binomial nomenclature - 2 things I knew nothing about before our little trip. The class is a Zoology class and that was the first chapter. Here is my front room set up for class, my fun students and our nature walk where we looked for all sorts of animals to draw in our field guides. SO FUN!






4 comments:

Grandma Howell said...

Okay, snow is fun but swimming and snow together looks pretty painful on Kenyon. Everybody looks like they had a great time.

The Mid-Cart Parentals said...

What a beautiful day you found in Squaw Valley! Such blue skies...but I'm just not diggin the whole "snow tan" the kids are working on...BRRRRRR!

The Mid-Cart Parentals said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bassetts said...

Busy Bees! Tahoe is so beautiful. I love the memories you guys are making. Such a cute family!