Monday, January 30, 2012

OCTOBER & NOVEMBER

Due to being SUPER disappointed with the quality of EVERY single picture I had taken with my Nikon Coolpix I fell out of love with taking pictures. Unfortunately I don't have many pictures to show for October 2011 & November 2011. But that doesn't mean we weren't busy and having fun (and having bad days) as usual.

So I will post my HAPS (Middleton family REQUIRED tri-monthly update)

October – This is the month that began in Vegas where we were forced to be by State Farm. Since setting up child care for something like that isn’t easy to come by we took advantage of it and extended our trip – just me and Kyle! Well, just us until P&J and B&R showed up. We had a great time! I somehow decided while on vacation that I could handle a few field trips and signed up for everyone that came my way – organic farms, pumpkin patches, corn mazes, plays and more. I quickly realized we don’t have room for that and we haven’t been on one since. Soccer season was still in full swing at this point and Kyle and I were very ready for that to end… 3 kids practicing at 3 different fields + Adia doing agility training and speed training every week can take a toll on a family. It was also during October that we accepted our first full time placement with for a little one year old named Maddie. I was able to meet with the mom and start spending time with them in order to better prepare Maddie for her December move in. We also began working with a 4&5 year old who needed to be watched and Tuesdays and began spending time with them as well as they adjusted to some BIG life changes at home. Thinking back on October I am a bit exhausted.

November – As soccer came to an end Avery convinced us she is truly in love with the sport and ready to take it to the next level – we being weak parents couldn’t say no and signed her up for more soccer and by more I mean she lived and breathed it from mid –Nov. – Dec. training to hopefully make it on a more competitive team in January. Kenyon started wrestling and we really think it might be the PERFECT sport for him! He loves it, it works him out hard and brings him home very tired! Love. Oh and about the field trips I backed out of all future ones except the HUGE one I was co-hosting with your parents at their house. We had a million or so people at the River House for a great lesson on the gold rush then walked to Marshall Gold Discovery Park for a tour led by Paul and some fun activities. The weather was perfect and it was a GREAT day for all! THANK YOU Paul and Jenny! Thanksgiving was also at their house and was nice and small which left a lot of space to catch up with those that were there… we really enjoyed it!

1 comment:

The Holyoaks said...

I have a Nikon Coolpix that I used to keep in my purse with me but now I just use my phone. It is a stinker of a camera! I just let the kids play with it now. Anyway, I'm sorry! You need to be taking pictures anyway. They still show how cute these guys are!!!!

P.S. My word verification to leave a comment is: fartypill